Gluten sensitivity is spread out over a very large spectrum and is linked to over 190 different conditions. Being gluten intolerant has many different sign and symptoms and can affect everyone in different ways.
With gluten free diets becoming more and more popular, it is needless to say that gluten free isn’t just a fad diet. There are hundreds of ways that ditching gluten can improve your health including improved immune function, increased energy, healthier gut flora, radiant skin, and weight loss.
Research has estimated that nearly 15%-25% of the US population could be intolerant to gluten. Are you or your loved ones one of them?
10 common signs and symptoms might be are gluten intolerant:
1. Skin rashes like acne and keratosis pilaris (sometimes referred to as “chicken skin” on the back of your arms). This has been linked to certain vitamin deficiencies that are usually caused by malabsorption of nutrients from gluten damaging the gut lining (where we absorb our nutrients).
2. Digestive issues as simple as constipation, diarrhea, gas, and bloating to the more complex conditions like Chron’s, or leaky gut.
3. Autoimmune diseases like thyroid conditions, arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and type 1 diabetes
4. Joint pain in the hands, feet, hips, and back.
5. Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
7. Brain fog, failure to thrive, fatigue or feeling tired after eating gluten.
8. Mood swings, depression, and anxiety.
9. Neurological symptoms like feeling dizzy, having vertigo (feeling off balanced), ear ringing, and ADHD.
10. Hormonal imbalances like PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome), infertility, irregular periods, early/delayed puberty, and symptoms associated with PMS.
Do you relate to these signs and symptoms and are not sure what to do next? Contact Miss Health Nut to schedule your complimentary Vibrant Health discovery session and see how she can help support your path towards healing.